Elements Engineering-Scientific Workspace is a problem-formulating and solving tool that is very useful to mathematics, engineering, statistics, and computer science professionals.
In operation, it is a matrix programming language and powerful numerical methods software package.
Elements history began in 1982.
Elements' Characteristics and Capabilities
- Unifying principles and primitives.
- Problem formulation is simple and the solution method reveals the underlying theory.
- Elements' syntax is much like mathematical literature and can be learned in minutes.
- You can declare mathematical objects explicitly by type.
- The default operation is to display object values.
NewMatrix M random;
- All data are structured as matrices and all operations are structured as functions.
An Elements program requires fewer statements than its equivalent in FORTRAN, or C.
It reduces the effort of programming.
- Expressions can have any length and any number of nested or recursive function evaluations.
The common operators
+, -, *, /, ^ are available---also the operators vector inner product
@ and cross-product
Vectors and matrices can be subscripted to access individual elements.
- Operations can be applied to sets, scalars, vectors, quaternions, matrices, polynomials, discrete functions (table of values).
When defined, operations between these data types are possible.
Elements is programmed to "know" mathematical relationships.
p = CharacteristicPolynomial(M);
q = Fit(TableOfData);
- Similar operations on hypermatrices, whose elements are sets, variables, vectors, matrices, or polynomials.
- Operations on finite sets including subset, complement,
- Hundreds of built-in functions including all elementary functions plus
Mean(), Median(), Sort(), Eigenvalues(), Integral(), PrimeDecomposition(), Gamma(), BesselJ(), and others.
- Numeric differentiation and integration of functions, including discrete functions.
Optional algebraic differentiation and integration of polynomials.
- Rational fraction "m/n", real, and complex valued objects.
These are specified by you or automatically created from the context of the expression being evaluated.
- Complex valued exponents.
3/7 + 12/19;
Sqrt(-1) ^ Sqrt(-1);
- Automatic computer storage allocation, which frees you from this complication.
- Program branching with
- Program looping with statements like
for (i=0, i<10, i++).
- User-defined internal subroutines.
- Highly efficient numerical methods.
Long-precision (approximately 16 decimal digits) floating-point computations.
Arbitrarily high precision numbers using polynomial representation.
- Optional estimate of floating-point operations count required to solve a problem without actually performing a large number of these expensive operations.
- Built-in functions that can measure computer performance, CPU time.
- Extensive error checking including checks on syntax, non-conformability, undefined function argument, subscript range, zero divide, exponent overflow, etc.
Input data verification to insure conformance with the underlying mathematical model.
Error and warning messages are descriptive and point directly to the offending portion of the source code.
- Built-in debugging aids such as tracing program flow and statement execution count.
A undo statement reverses the last assignment statement.
- Conversion factors between units of measure by the
convert() built-in function.
- Number theory functions such as
PrimeDecomposition(), PrimeGT(), Gcd(), Lcm(), Tau(), Sigma(), Totient(), and
- Financial and decision making functions such as
- Picard's solution of differential equations by iterative polynomial operations.
- A Gauss-Seidel solver for Laplace and Poisson partial differential equations.
- Built-in functions that compute thermodynamic variables of gaseous substances from an equation of state.
- Optimization (simplex method).
- Unlike statistical packages that provide only printed results, a descriptive statistics function value can be postprocessed.
Nike Chicago Bears Women's Wildcard Jersey Shorts - Ash,'47 San Diego Chargers Realtree Franchise Slouch Fitted Hat,Green Bay Packers 3' x 5' Man Cave Flag.Antigua Denver Broncos Signature Pullover Hoodie - Navy Blue,Women's New York Giants Touch by Alyssa Milano Black Bella Tank Top,Women's Pittsburgh Steelers Majestic Charcoal/Gray Act Like a Champion Raglan Half Sleeve T-Shirt Cheap San Diego Chargers Nfl Jerseys Sale.Men's Philadelphia Eagles Junk Food Gray Huddle Henley Tri-Blend Long Sleeve T-Shirt,Men's Buffalo Bills New Era Black Tonal 59FIFTY Fitted Hat,Men's St Game Chargers Youth Jersey. Louis Rams Antigua Navy Blue Deluxe Desert Dry Polo.Chicago Bears Super Bowl Champions 24kt Gold Coin Etched Desktop Acrylic,Men's Green Bay Packers New Era White On Field Training Camp 39THIRTY Flex Hat,New England Patriots WinCraft 12" x 30" Premium Pennant Philip Rivers Of The San Diego Chargers.Men's Chicago Bears Nike Navy Alternate Elite Coaches Performance Polo,cheap nfl charms like origami,cheap nfl footballs james,cheap nfl mlb nhl jerseys,Houston Texans Women's Sublime Burnout Thong - White.Infant Chicago Bears Navy 3-Point Spread Bodysuit Set,Men's New York Giants New Era Royal Team Reflectaline 39THIRTY Flex Hat.Men's Green Bay Packers '47 Brand Gold NFL Peaks Uncuffed Knit Beanie,Women's Pittsburgh Steelers Nike Black Team Stripe Tri-Blend V-Neck T-Shirt,Nike New York Jets Fast Is Faster T-Shirt - Green.Men's Los Angeles Rams Nick Foles Nike Navy Blue Player Pride Name & Number T-Shirt,cheap nfl appeal john,cheap nfl dog gear San Diego Chargers History
- Frequency tables.
- Analysis of variance.
- Plotting of discrete and continuous functions.
Surface values of a third dimension variable.
Optional polar coordinates.
Elements has a gallery of plot types.
- A macro facility includes source statements from your macro library.
- Elements offers many of the advantages of APL without the special characters.
- Accompanying self-help information and demo.